Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Hacktoberfest Review

Overall Thoughts

Overall I think hacktoberfest was a neat way to dive into the opensource community. I also found it very frustrating finding a project that I liked or could build. Since there were many times where I found a neat project but couldn't build it and didn't want to waste hours figuring out why. I also found the amount of repositories just made for hacktoberfest pull requests annoying since they would saturate the hacktoberfest tag with what I thought was not a real project, more like a collection of code. Even though all my complaining it is still my fault I didn't contribute to some projects I found interesting. I didn't leave enough time to them and greatly underestimated how long just getting something running would take. Moving forward I'll take this into consideration when I want to work on a project and give my self at least twice the amount of time I would think it would take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Releases