Monday, November 26, 2018

Goblin Camp Continued

Travis continued

This pr addressed that after a lot of trial and error our travis.yml got quite out of hand. My job was to clean it up and make it look like it was made by someone who knows what they're doing. It was kinda hard to implement since every change I was unsure of I had to commit it and push it just so I can see if it worked. Needless to say this made it take a lot longer than I thought. I also moved the depenencies that were being installed from source and put it into a shell script. This removed the clutter in the .travis.yml and the script could be used by people who also want to build them.

The future

What I spent most of my time on was trying to get an actual playable version of goblin camp running. The boost library it needed was out of date and couldn't be installed through my package manager and when I tried to install it from source it couldn't be found by my makefile. Trying to preserve my sanity I just started a ubuntu 14.04 vm and used their package manager to get all the old packages I needed, and surprisingly it worked.

In a way it is slightly terrifying since now I have no excuse but to work on the code...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Releases