Sunday, October 14, 2018

Hacktoberfest PR #2

The Project

For my second pull request I just wanted to do a quick and easy fix. I had enough of cloning projects, builds failing, dependencies missing and just decided how about we update a README that sounds like it can be done without install 100000000 files. So I searched around and found the repository for HandBrake, HandBrake is an opensource video transcoder. Their main page had a docs repository which seemed just like the place to look.

Issue

It was actually quite easy finding an issue. It seems like this repo didn't have too much activity and the newest issue a month old. Conveniently the newest issue also didn't have anyone actively working on it so I decided to take a stab at it. It was just two misspelling fixes, created a pull request and that was it.

Conclusion

Even thought this pull request is pretty small I still feel a sense of accomplishment. Handbrake is a widely used tool and its nice to contribute to a larger project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Releases